Energy with a future
„Making solar energy usable“ is the common goal of science and industry. The foundations for this key technology of the 21st century must be laid today.
The goals of the ZSW’s work are:
- Research and development for technologies for the sustainable and climate-friendly provision of electricity, heat and fuel.
- Conversion of R&D results into marketable products
- Technology transfer to industry
- Advising political decision-makers and trade associations
- Public relations work on solar energy use and hydrogen technology
- Current focal points are:
- Photovoltaic materials research and development, especially for PV thin-film technologies
- System development for PV applications
- Hydrogen technology
- Electrochemical energy conversion and storage
- Fuel cell development and production
- Regenerative fuels and process engineering
- Modeling and simulation
- Energy system analysis
The ZSW is involved in numerous research and development networks in Germany and abroad.